What Information We Collect and How We Use It
The 3 Doors may collect the following kinds of information:
- information you provide when you sign up for a retreat or online course, such as name, phone, email, mailing address and credit card number.
- information that you provide for the purpose of subscribing to our email newsletter, name and email. If you wish to opt out of our email newsletter, you can click the unsubscribe link at the bottom of the newsletter email.
- any other information that you send to The 3 Doors.
The 3 Doors may use your personal information to:
- send you products that you purchase or request
- supply you services that you purchase or request
- send you statements and invoices
- collect payments from you
- send you 3 Doors marketing communications
As you interact with our website, we may use automatic data collection technologies to collect certain information including:
- How you interact with our website, including what pages you visited and if you open or click on our email newsletters.
We do not track your habits, actions and clicks to create a personalized experience or personalized outreach. We do look at this information to learn how our site visitors as a group are interacting with the site for the purpose of improving our site functionality.
- Information about your computer and internet connection, including your IP address, location, operating system and browser type.
We do not track this for personalized reasons. We do look at where and how our site visitors as a group are finding us, so we can improve our communication delivery and site functionality.
We collect this automatic data information via Google Analytics and Mailchimp using cookies.
Contact Forms, Course Signup, and Mailing Lists
When you fill out a contact form or an application, you voluntarily provide us your name, contact information, and other information. We will process this information according to the instructions you provide.
When you make a purchase through our website for a retreat or online program you voluntarily provide us your name, email address, postal address(es), and credit card information. We collect this information via Retreat Guru and/or PayPal over a secure server. This information is used to supply you with the program or materials purchased and to keep accurate records of your transaction.
When you sign up to receive our email newsletter, you voluntarily provide us your name and email address. We will process this information per your request to provide you the relevant information and newsletters. You can opt out at any time by clicking unsubscribe at the bottom of the email newsletter.
We do not sell, rent, or share our email list containing your personal information to third parties.
We may disclose your personal information to:
- comply with any court order, law or legal process, including to respond to any government or regulatory request;
- enforce or apply any agreements between us, including for billing and collection purposes;
- or if we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of us, our program participants or others.
We may disclose aggregated information about our website visitors (information that is not identifiable to you) without restriction, such as the number of visitors that we have in a month.
Personal information provided on the website and online credit card transactions are transmitted through a secure server. We are committed to handling your personal information with high standards of information security. We take appropriate administrative steps to maintain the security and accuracy of personally identifiable information we collect, including limiting the number of people who have access, as well as employing electronic security systems and password protections that guard against unauthorized access. Our website uses encryption technology, like Secure Sockets Layer (SSL), to protect your personal information during data transport. SSL encrypts ordering information such as your name, address, and credit card number. Please note that e-mail is not encrypted and is not considered to be a secure means of transmitting credit card information.
At times our websites may contain links to news or activities that are happening on 3rd party websites. The 3 Doors is not responsible for the privacy policies or practices of any third party.
We will only retain your information for as long as necessary to fulfil the purposes we collected it for, including for the purposes of satisfying any legal, accounting, or reporting requirements. To determine the appropriate retention period for your information, we consider the amount, nature, and sensitivity of the information, the potential risk of harm from unauthorized use or disclosure of your information, the purposes for which we process your information and whether we can achieve those purposes through other means, and the applicable legal requirements.
In some circumstances, we may anonymize information about you (so that it can no longer be associated with you) for research or statistical purposes in which case we may use and retain this information indefinitely without further notice to you.
This policy was last updated on June 10, 2018. We may update this policy from time to time, so please check here for the latest update date.
This website is owned and operated by The Three Doors ( The 3 Doors), 554 Drumheller Ln, Shipman, VA 22971. Our website address is: http://the3doors.org Contact us: firstname.lastname@example.org.