Program Details: Currently in Session
TEACHER: Dr. Raven Lee
DATES/TIMES: September – November, 2018
Each month find the collective support of joining a group of 30 practitioners online for 2.5 hours of teaching and guided meditation. You will receive a Zoom video conferencing link to connect to these sessions. During the first and second month, participants will also sign up for one small group session, 1.5 hours, of guided meditation practice and discussion to deepen and share our experiences. On the third month, we will gather together for the final teaching session. All recordings of these sessions are confidential to this group and are available for up to six months following this course.
- Month 1: The first class is on Sunday, September 16, 10 am – 12:30 pm PST. Small group sessions (select one time) are held on Wednesday, September 19:
10 – 11:30 am, 6 – 7:30 pm, 8 – 9:30 pm PST
- Month 2: The second class is on Sunday, October 14, 10 am – 12:30 pm PST. Small group sessions (select one time) are held on Wednesday, October 17:
10 – 11:30 am, 6 – 7:30 pm, 8 – 9:30 pm PST
- Month 3: The final class in this course is on Sunday, November 18, 10 am – 12:30 pm PST
COST: $297. You may choose to pay the entire fee or select automatic monthly payments of $99.
PRIVATE FACEBOOK GROUP: A Facebook private group provides the opportunity for participants to share experiences and ask questions of the teacher at any time. Information is kept strictly confidential among participants.
SUPPLEMENTAL MATERIALS: Additional materials will posted each month. There will be suggested readings during this course from three source books by Tenzin Wangyal Rinpoche: The True Source of Healing; Awakening the Luminous Mind; and Awakening the Sacred Body.
CONTACT: Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions.
- In our first meeting we explore healing and the calling to be a healer. What are the challenges of a healer? How do you experience the suffering of others? Do you take it on? Do you become drained and exhausted? Are you attached to results? Are you able to find ground and support as you work with others?
- What are the causes of suffering? Through guided meditation, we experience direct connection with the three doors of body, speech, and mind. Through reflection, we discover how we disconnect from the ground of being and become reactive. Each door offers a pathway back to our true state of being. Through drawing our attention inward to the stillness of body, the silence of speech, and the spaciousness of mind, we can find a sense of inner refuge that has qualities of spaciousness, awareness, and generative warmth.
- What supports the healer? What is our refuge? We explore connecting to the source of healing within us, the power of awareness, and the healing warmth that arises spontaneously from our connection to this source. First, we train our mind to rest and discover the ground of being. Second, we release judgment, hopes, and fears and discover pure awareness, the light that illuminates the darkness of suffering, the light of infinite possibilities. Third, the healing warmth of genuine presence moves into expression.
- We will introduce the informal practice of the Three Precious Pills and explore ways to apply them in daily life and with the challenges that healing work presents.
- The second meeting builds on the foundation of inner refuge and focuses on the sacred body and the practice of the Nine Breathings of Purification, a practice of channels and winds. These practices enable us to increase our awareness of the subtle energy channels and centers in order to clear our habitual patterns of aversion, attachment, and disconnection or ignorance, the root causes of suffering.
- We will explore ways we lose our ground of awareness and become overwhelmed or fatigued. An emphasis will be on protection for the healer and healing process.
- As we cultivate the warmth that arises from open awareness, we can strengthen our connection to the true source of healing and be recharged and enlivened.
- In this third session, we will integrate all that we have learned together and the practices that will continue to support us: Inner Refuge, The 3 Precious Pills, and The Nine Breathings of Purification.
- We will share the fruits of our experience. How have you shifted as healers on your healing path? In what ways have you been able to become more grounded, aware, and confident?
- We will dedicate the merits of our time together by creating a list of people in our lives who are injured, ill, or who have recently died, hosting them in our practice, and radiating the spaciousness, awareness, and warmth of being—the gifts of the inner refuge—to them and to all beings.