1. In our first meeting we explore healing, the calling to be a healer, and being on a healing path. How do you experience others? Do you take it on? Do you become drained and exhausted? Are you attached to results? Are you able to find ground as you engage in life and in your work with others?
2. What are the causes of suffering? Through guided meditation, we experience direct connection with the three doors of body, speech, and mind. Through reflection, we discover how we disconnect from the ground of being and react to the world externally and within. Each door offers a pathway back to our true state of being. Through drawing our attention inward to the stillness of body, the silence of speech, and the spaciousness of mind, we can find a sense of inner refuge that has qualities of spaciousness, awareness, and generative warmth.
3. What supports the healing path? What is our ultimate refuge? We explore connecting to the source of healing within us, the power of awareness, and the healing warmth that arises spontaneously from our connection to this source. First, we train our mind to rest and discover the ground of being. Second, we release judgment, hopes, and fears and discover pure awareness, the light that illuminates the darkness of suffering, the light of infinite possibilities. Third, the healing warmth of genuine presence moves into expression.
4. We will introduce the informal practice of the Three Precious Pills, and how to apply to daily life and work. Recommended reading: True Source of Healing. We will talk about the commitments of the program, the importance of developing direct experience, naked awareness, and understanding hosting one’s experience.
1.The second recorded class and zoom meeting builds on the foundation of inner refuge and focuses on the sacred body and the practice of the Nine Breathings of Purification, a practice of channels and winds. Participants will also lean the life-force Tsa Lung connected to the heart chakra. These practices enable us to increase our awareness of the subtle energy channels and chakra centers in order to clear our habitual patterns of aversion, attachment, and disconnection or ignorance, which are the root causes of suffering.
2. We will explore ways we lose our ground of awareness and become overwhelmed or fatigued. An emphasis will be on protection for the healer and healing process.
3. As we strengthen our connection to the true source of healing, and cultivate the warmth that arises from open awareness, we can be recharged, enlivened, and enhance our healing gifts.
The book for these teachings is Tenzin Wangyal’s Awakening the Sacred Body.
1. In the third meeting we will focus on how these practices enhance our healing potentialities through creating the ultimate protection and safe container in the warmth of our open awareness.
2. We will explore the ways that this practice have supported us these past few months in self-healing, clearing obstacles to being more grounded and aware, deepen the changeless, ceaseless and undeluded confidence of our true nature as the source of healing.
3. We will share the fruits of our experience from the three-month journey. How have you shifted as healers and the healing path?
4. We will end the training by revisiting the discussion on transformations, and ways we can continue our growth.
5. We dedicate the merits of our time together by creating a list of loved ones and colleagues who are injured, ill, or who have recently died, hosting them in our practice, and radiating the spaciousness, awareness, and warmth of our being—the gifts of the inner refuge—to them and to all beings.
TEACHER: Dr. Raven Lee
March 11-May 27 The teaching and guided practices will be posted the week before you meet in your small group online classes. The small group Zoom classes are on held on Wednesday March 18, April 15, and May 27. You may join at 1:30, 8:30 or 10 p.m. New York Time (10:30 a.m., 5:30 or 7 p.m. Pacific / 7:30 p.m., 2:30 or 4 a.m. Central European). All of these course materials are downloadable for your practice convenience.
COST: $259 early bird price through April 11, $279 regular price.
Before the start of the program, you will receive an email with a link to access the prerecorded sessions.
WHAT YOU WILL RECEIVE:
Each participant receives 10.5 hours of course materials. There are 6 hours of prerecorded teachings and guided practices as well as 4.5 hours of small group interactive Zoom classes led by Senior Teacher Raven Lee, which contain both guided practices and discussions. The small group guided practices sessions are recorded and accessible any time (a link to access the recordings will be sent prior to the start of the course). An online chat room is available to share experiences and ask questions throughout the course. All materials are downloadable, and will remain available on the website for six months after the course completion.